Thursday, June 25, 2009

dressed to impress

I love dresses in the summer.

There's just something about a floating, flow-y dress that feels so cool and comfortable in the summer heat.

The other day I went searching at the mall for a maternity summer dress that would get me through these hot months. I thought it would be a piece of cake.

Let's just say this isn't the first time I've made a bad assumption.

To start off, let's realize that there are 3...count 'em 3...stores in my mall that sell maternity clothes at all, so I'm starting from a slight disadvantage.

Then let's add in the fact that I'm shorter than your average 27 year old. I wear petite length pants and those 2 inches really make a difference, meaning that most full-length dresses come down over my shoes.

As far as I can tell, petite maternity clothes don't exist -- especially in dresses.

But, I digress.

The first shop I go into has racks and racks of summer dresses, score! There has to be something here that works, right? Um, no.

Why, oh why do the manufacturers of maternity clothes make all (but 1 or 2) of the dresses either strapless or spaghetti straps?



Please tell me what pregnant woman doesn't need to wear a bra? That's ridiculous. I tried a few on with a tank top underneath, but there was too much weird bunching. Blah.



Ok, on to the next stop.

This place also had quite a few dresses -- and several with wider straps on the top! It's a miracle!

I finally found a dress that I love. It's long (especially on me) and flows all over the place. It's awesome!

Unfortunately, this photo doesn't do it justice at all. In fact, if all I saw was this photo online I never would have bought it. But, I'm sure at some point I'll be wearing it at a function over the summer and will post a photo of me in it then. I really add a special something to it. :o)

I know you're all waiting with bated breath.

In the meantime, if you find any good summer dresses out there let me know!

2 comments:

  1. The internet. I think I saw some on Ann Taylor Loft which now has materity clothes. Or Gap or Old Navy. I have to shop online as my one and only materity sore is out of my price point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought two cute/comfy foldover jersey knit skirts from Old Navy that I'm loving this summer.

    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=46067&vid=1&pid=633457&scid=633457022

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails