Tuesday, June 2, 2009

11 weeks

I went for my 2nd OB appointment yesterday and got to hear the bean's heartbeat! I can't believe it -- there's a real baby with a beating heart in there (somewhere).

The visit yesterday confirmed that I (luckily) chose a great doctor. First of all, when I arrived 10 minutes early for my appointment they just took me right back. A doctor's office that's ahead of schedule -- unheard of!

Now, normally this would be a great thing, except that Drew was meeting me to hear the heartbeat and he wasn't there yet! When I went back to the exam room I mentioned to the doctor that Drew was still on his way and she said we should come back to the exam room again when he arrived and we'd fire up the Doppler for round 2, yay!

The first time the OB tried to find the heartbeat the bean was bouncing all around -- we'd hear the heart for a second, then it would roll away. Tricky bean. But bean loves his/her Daddy because when Drew got there the bean sat really still and we got to hear the heart for 10 seconds or so.

Amazing!

I can't wait for my next appointment to hear it again!

Now for the weekly update. After last week's dramatic change, this might be a little disappointing. Still a cute starter bump, though!






How far along: 11 weeks
Net weight gain/loss: -1 lbs
Maternity clothes: not yet, but my mother-in-law and I put a dent on the Motherhood inventory last weekend!
Stretch marks: thankfully, no
Belly button: still an innie
Sleep: pretty good -- always get up to use the bathroom
Baby movement: none yet
Food cravings: anything with beef
Food aversions: still chicken
What I miss: turkey lunchmeat
Looking forward to: getting less overall bloat and more bump
Best moment this week: hearing the heartbeat!
Milestones: the bean has fingers and toes that move independently

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails