Wednesday, June 10, 2009

FAQs

Ever since I started telling people that I'm pregnant I've noticed that they all have the same questions for me.

The funniest part is that even though the questions are the same, the people are very different from each other. It doesn't matter if it's my family or friends or people on Facebook or co-workers. They all want to know the same things! It's very sweet of everyone to ask about me and the bean -- I don't mind at all!

So, for those of you who don't have direct contact with me, I know you're just dying to know my thoughts on these questions...

Q: How are you feeling?

A: I was feeling pretty nauseous and exhausted for the first few (12) weeks, but things are starting to look up! I've definitely had more energy and less of that "rolling stomach" feeling this week. Yay! I've been very lucky on the morning sickness front (compared to a lot of other stories I've heard) so no real complaints from me.

Q: Have you had any weird food cravings?

A: Mostly I've had some aversions to foods that just don't sound good at all. I think that's probably related to the as yet hair-trigger nausea. As far as wanting food -- there's been a lot less of that. Probably the weirdest combo so far happened 1 night when I didn't have dinner planned out. I ended up eating garlic bread, then an hour later Eggo waffles. Talk about carb loading! I'm sure more weirdness is coming -- I'll keep you updated!

Q: Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?

A: Actually, no. This answer surprises me a little. When we found out we were pregnant, the first thing Drew announced was that he absolutely didn't want to know the sex of the baby before the birth. He wants a surprise and although I wasn't totally on board with this idea at first I've come around. I know that I couldn't find out and keep the secret from him, so we're going to be surprised! There really aren't many true surprises in life, so why not go for this one!

That's it for now -- if more common questions come up I'll be sure to share them!

3 comments:

  1. we're not going to find out the sex of our baby either! I'm looking forward to this surprise in the delivery room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny because I really feel like I need to know and think I'll be surprised at the US. I think I'm a little bit of a control freak though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I'm right there with you... rolling stomach, wanting less food and probably not finding out the sex. It's fun to keep track of another December first-time mom-to-be!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails