Monday, June 8, 2009

a plum within

At 12 weeks, my bean is a plum!



We're definitely getting into more delicious fruits every week.

This week, the bean starts to have reflexes. That's right, his or her fingers and toes curl, eyes open and shut, and mouth will make sucking movements. The bean is even starting to look more human -- the eyes are in the front of the head and the ears are right where they should be on the sides. My bean will be a baby soon!

Only 1 more week until we're in the 2nd trimester! Once that happens, the bean will be out of the most critical organ system development stage and will be fine tuning everything that's started to get in place. He/she will also be gaining lots of weight to fill out the skin and get chubby and cute!

In a small bit of confusion, my secondary baby info site tells me that the bean is the size of a lime. Wasn't she a lime last week? I guess there's a little wiggle room in the produce section.





I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to y'all on the new baby! Very exciting news!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails