Tuesday, January 31, 2012

reading is fun

One of the many things I am grateful for in my son is his dual love of both running around outside and of reading. I don't know if you know this, but reading is more of a quiet, sitting still kind of activity and - well, sitting still is hard work for little boys.


But Asher does it well.

I found him reading by himself the other day and it warmed my heart.


Then he figured out a way to bring little boy back into the picture and picked up his animal book.

 

ROAR!!!



He loves this story. You look through the eye holes and become the animal that it shows. My favorite part? Asher does the sound of whatever animal is facing him - rather than the audience {me} - so sometimes I have to get to guess who he is.  Love him. :-) 

3 comments:

  1. Wow - can't believe how big Asher is getting! He looks so much more like a little boy now... Hope you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting so big! Love that he enjoys reading so much, it's a favorite in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also an just melted by the sight of a young child reading! Good job, mama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails