Friday, January 13, 2012

{phone dump friday}

Friday again!  I really look forward to the randomness of these Friday posts.  I feel like it lets me start the weekend with a clean mental slate.  :-)

Let's just dive right in, shall we?  I woke up feeling really sick this morning.  Drew has had a head cold for awhile and I guess I finally caught it.  Blah.  Hopefully baby boy will be spared!

Yesterday Asher and I were running some errands and we had to swing into Toys R Us.  I was a little nervous that A would have a hard time seeing lots of fun toys, but not bringing any home.


My fears, however, were all for not {this time}.  I was SO proud of how Asher saw his beloved 'choo-choo' toys, but when I said we had to get going he simply waved to them and said 'nigh, nigh' {good-night/bye} and came with me!  Go Asher!  :-)  On our way out of the store he spotted this old school riding toy and couldn't wait to hop in and drive.  How could I say no?


Mama was all out of quarters, so nothing actually moved, but he couldn't care less.  He was very suspicious of Mickey peering over his shoulder, though.  ha!


Asher got a handsome new shirt from his friend Scarlett for Christmas and was super excited to wear it yesterday!



Earlier this week I made turkey chili for dinner {YUM} and Drew got to bust out a gift that Santa put in his stocking.  Santa knows that Drew likes his chili spicy!


One of my New Year's goals is to get my house cleared of clutter and re-organize what's left.  This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile and have been putting off, but no longer!  I'm tackling this project head on and will have it done soon.  So far I've done Asher's room, my room, the kitchen, and living room.  Still to do - the basement and garage.  Saving the worst for last...not looking forward to those.

Asher has been a big helper towards this goal.  Can you tell?


The other day I went into the kitchen to find Asher decorating our garbage can with his magnetic animals.  Clever boy!  It looks so much better that way.  Well done sir.  :-)


Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Handsome little man ;) I love finding where they put things . . .I'm waiting to find rocks and bugs in his pockets this spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like such a big boy in the middle of that room!!!

    Great job getting organized, mama. I'm on a similar mission, but not making nearly as much headway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails