Thursday, January 26, 2012

saying who he is

Some of you might remember this post I wrote after Asher was born explaining exactly why Drew and I chose the name for him that we did.  The first "Asher" was one of the sons of Jacob in the Old Testament and went on to lead one of the 12 tribes of Israel.  The name "Asher" means 'happy and blessed' - we just love that meaning and hope deeply for that to be our son. :-)

Then Leah said, “How happy I am! The women will call me happy.” So she named him Asher.
Genesis  30:13

A few weeks ago I shared about how Asher has started in some occupational and speech therapy to help him get caught up with his peers in a few areas. There are days when I feel like he's staying exactly the same, or even falling further behind, but most days I can see the ways that he is improving.  The biggest area I've noticed changes recently is in his speech.

Yesterday when Drew came home he took A out to 'drive' his car a little. Asher loves to drive his Daddy's car!  When they came in, Drew said "tell mama what you just told me."  Asher looked over at me and said "Happy!"

"Happy happy HAPPY!"

I just about started to cry. He said it so clearly and with such pure joy that it melted my heart. He is happy and now he can tell us all about it. 

And now, thanks to the video feature on my iPhone and the awesomeness of YouTube, he can tell all of you when he's happy too.  {as a side note, notice how clearly he said 'hi' too!}

7 comments:

  1. How precious!!! Love you Asher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it again. You made me misty-eyed at work. Thanks a lot!!! :) SO HAPPY!!! love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teary eyed over here too, Anika! This post makes my heart HAPPY! Go, Asher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched 5 times in a row. It kills me every time he says "hey" haha! Love him! Soon he won't stop talking ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched it a few times too. That was so adorable. That totally made me happy and I can't imagine how it made you feel, being his mom! I like how his nose and face scrunches up to the left when he says it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails