Tuesday, January 24, 2012

man at work

Thank you all so much for your encouragment on yesterday's oh-so-glamorous diaper post. 

Last night I took Allie's suggestion and snapped the cloth diaper down one row in the front to make the leg holes tighter {awesome idea, thanks!}. The bad news is that it didn't really help - Asher still woke up with soaked PJs and sheets. The good news is that for some reason he slept through it and woke up at his normal time. Guess that's a victory??  

If things continue to fail, here's the plan for the next few nights...

     • Snap it down, but also add a second hemp liner. Hopefully the second liner won't make it too fluffy to snap.  
     • Disposable with 2 boosters
     • Hemp liner inside a disposable

At least I'm not out of ideas yet! {trying to stay positive here...} 

*************************
In more adorable news...  :-)

Asher got some new tools recently and has been really quick at learning how to use them. 




Need something screwed in or out?


Have a plastic nail that needs to be pried loose?


This is your man.



His rates are pretty reasonable too.  Got animal crackers?

4 comments:

  1. yay for waking up at his regular time! Boo for still wetting through his pajamas and sheets:(. And yes, please let me know Asher's availability. I have a few projects I need taken care of around here, and I just so happen to have animal crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Handyman in training - I could use one of those at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First...super cute pictures! You are one lucky lady to have such a handsome handyman available at your beck and call ;)
    Second....I read both posts :( I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. I cant even imagine how frustrated you are with Pee! Yes snapping down the rise one should help for sure. I think two Joey Bunz and microfiber might be too thick though and is probably going to make the diaper gap no matter the rise though. It looks to me like the diaper is pretty wide between the legs? I can't tell for sure. That may be part of the problem unfortunately...the fit of the diaper might just be wrong for him :(
    Third...I can live without one of my Babykicks for a little bit and mail it to you so you can try and see if the fit is maybe better around his skinny legs and if it works before you buy one? They are more narrow in the crotch area and seem to fit Ethans skinny legs better than most of the diapers I have tried.

    Let me know! I am going to try and get all that info together for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I have found out that cloth diapering is a lot of trial and error. We had a lot of T&E until we found some things that finally worked for us. It was so hard to keep finding her soaking through everything but we finally found things that work (even though we still change her in the middle of the night...)
    I definitely think a wool cover over the cloth diapers is going to be your best best to keep A dry. You could even do wool over disposables if your "over" trying different kinds of cloth. For me, finding something that would work for LB was like a special challenge - super, super frustrating but all the more rewarding when I found that pocket diapers were the best for us (bumgenius and kawaii both stuffed with two MFs and babykicks hemp insert!)
    Keep us updated dear!

    And as always, love seeing pictures of sweet A!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails