Tuesday, January 3, 2012

hello 2012

...and hello friends!  We've been having so much fun around here celebrating the holidays that the blog has taken a back seat.  Hey, you can't record your memories if you aren't out there making some!  ha!


Today is the first day in a l-o-n-g time that Asher and I are on our own.


We are planning on doing it up right and getting a whole slew of post-holiday chores off the list.  I always hate taking down the Christmas decorations, but it's time.  I'm ready and am actually excited to get things back to 'normal'. 


The cold air has blown into northern Virginia so it's a relief to have indoor jobs to do!


Did you make any New Year's resolutions?  Last year I made it a goal to read through the Bible in a year and...I did it!  No one is more surprised than me.  I'm not going to lie {the Bible discourages that after all} - it was hard to do, but I'm so glad that I made it.


This year I don't have any specific resolutions, but I do have a few goals in mind.  I want to focus on serving my family {read: be less selfish with my time}, helping Asher reach his physical and speech goals, and being an encourager.  I'm naturally a shy person, but I want to make a conscious effort to speak with strangers in the grocery store, at the park - just in my life - and pay them a compliment.  Nothing feels better than having a stranger say something nice to you.  I want to be that person! 


Welcome, 2012.  You're going to be a good year - I just have a feeling.  

3 comments:

  1. Happy 2012 to you and your family!!!! The pics are adorable... what a cute hat. Where did you get??? I need to post my resolutions as they have just come rushing in to me today. I like your goals!!! Congrats on reading the bible in a year... I've been thinking about checking out churches nearby our home.....we'll see how that pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you! I love your goals, especially about opening up to strangers. Sometimes someone in line next to me will start chatting away and I think, how can they be so open to someone they don't even know? I'm a very talkative person, but not in public with people I don't know. Working in retail for 5 years really helped, but there's always room for improvement. :)

    And congrats on reaching your goal for 2011. Reading the bible in a year is quite an accomplishment. Here's to a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy new year!!!!! Love the pics of Asher!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails