Friday, January 20, 2012

{phone dump friday}

What a week.  Despite the cold weather we've been keeping very busy around here. Asher has decided that doing one puzzle at a time is for babies. He's a big boy and likes the challenge of 5 puzzles at once.


That's just how he rolls. ha!

Of course, it hasn't been all play and no work. Drew was pretty busy roasting a special batch of his holiday nuts for playoff football last weekend. YUM! He makes the most awesome spiced pecans. Love!


I made a Christmas card book for Asher to flip through. I saw the idea on Pinterest {of course} and decided to put it together quickly one day. It was SO simple. All I did was take our photo cards and punched 2 holes in the side, then I put them on some book rings {$2 at Staples}.


Super simple and really fun for A. He loves looking through it and 'meeting' our friends and family. 


Yesterday I made a big mistake. I put Asher's Goldfish crackers on the same plate as his hot dog. Whoa. What was I thinking?? Asher sort of has a one track mind, so he couldn't {wouldn't?} comprehend using his fork for hot dog, but his fingers for crackers. So he did what any boy would do and ate his crackers with a fork! Oh my goodness, this boy makes me laugh!


My last Christmas gift of 2011 arrived on Sunday! Drew's parents came for a visit and brought with them my gift from my future sister-in-law. She was my Secret Santa and I've been really excited to see what she got for me. So worth the wait - check out my awesome new iPhone case! Love it!


Last, but not least...we've started on a cloth diapering adventure! Asher has been having a lot of trouble with wetting through his disposable diapers at night {even with the diaper 'booster' that I found at Babies 'R Us} so I started researching cloth hoping to find a solution. I think we found one! Last night was our first try, so I'll be back with a full report and more details in a few days. Until then, check out my super cutie and his red fluff butt! Ha!


Told you we've been busy.

Happy weekend all!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You've joined the cloth side ;) I love cloth diapering so much more than I thought I would. It has saved us a lot in wet sheets and pants. I'm totally addicted! Can't wait to hear your update :) Happy Friday!
    P.S. Lily does the same thing with her fork and "un forkable" items like sweet potato fries yesterday...haha silly kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of this Friday Phone Dump... maybe I'll have to partake in this next week!!! ... along with my 5QF! Happy Friday to you guys. Those pecans look yummy and I love the idea of the Christmas card thing. I may have to do this myself! Thanks for the great ideas, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cloth diapers are so cute :) I found your blog a long time ago on someone's blogroll and have been reading ever since. My sister and I have a new blog we started together and we would like to nominate you for Liebster Blog Award. It's for newer blogs with under 200 followers that deserve a pat on the back for being amazing. You can check out our blog for all the details!

    www.howtofallinloveeveryday.blogspot.com (our sister blog)
    www.growinggraesen.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails