Monday, December 19, 2011

two years old: the stats

Last Wednesday Asher went to the doc for his 2 year well-child visit.  I had a pretty big list of questions for her, so the timing of his visit couldn't have been better.  I wanted to include his weight and other stats in his 'happy birthday' post, but we didn't have them yet, so here they are now!


Asher, at 2 years old, you...

weigh 25 pounds, 10 ounces {22nd percentile}
stand at 33.5" tall {27th percentile}
and have a head that's 19cm around {39th percentile}

Your doctor said that you are perfectly proportional.  Daddy and I were pretty worried that you haven't been gaining weight for a few months, but Dr. L says that's normal for a busy, moving boy.  You weigh exactly what you should for a boy your height!


At 24 months, you wear a...

size 5 diaper during the day and size 6 at night
size 6.5 shoe
size 24mo/2T in shirts
but size 18mo in pants

Asher, you eat a variety of foods - fruits, veggies, grains, meat, dairy - but you're pretty picky about what those foods are exactly.  We're still trying to get you to try new things, but you often flat out refuses to taste unfamiliar bites.  If anyone has experience with a picky eater I'd love to hear your tips on getting them to try new foods!


We've had several visits from the occupational and speech therapists in the past 2 months and are learning a lot of new ways to help you catch up with your peers.  You still doesn't say too much, but have added a couple new words to your vocab.  I'm still waiting to hear the coveted "I love you".  :-)

The OT is much harder.  Asher, you're extremely resistant to doing activities that are challenging and often just storm off in a huff when I insist that you use your left hand or try to balance on the ball.  Some 'games' are fun for you, but a lot are tough and you just don't want to.  Can't really blame you for you - I don't like doing hard exercises either!


Speaking of storming off...you've hit the terrible twos!  Yay!  Daddy and I are still searching for the best way to deal with you when a tantrum hits.  It isn't often, but boy oh boy, you can throw a doozy of a fit when the mood strikes.  Hopefully before long we'll find a good balance of discipline, understanding, and self-control.  Let the games begin!


It's no fun - and not fair - to end on a bad note, so I have to add the fantastic stuff you are doing at 2 years old too!  Every morning when I go in to get you, you greet me with the biggest smile, hug and a "mama!" - like I'm the sweetest sight you've ever imagined.  Warms my heart.  You also make me laugh all the time.  When we leave a room, you always wave and say "nigh" {good-night or good-bye} to your toys, the bed, anything really.  Too funny!  And you l-o-v-e your blankie.  If you have a best friend - I think he's it!


You love anything that starts with "pop"...PopPop, Papa, popcorn, and popcicles.

You also love mama and dada and, sometimes, the hybrid parent you've created "MaDada".


We love you Mr. A!  Here's to another year of growing, learning, and loving. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy 2, Asher! Tell Asher that sometimes I storm off too when things get tough! I don't blame him one bit. It will get better though! When I was teaching, I worked with an OT, PT and speech path. It's amazing what they can do. Keep up the hard work, sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, Emily! And I think Asher seems just as sweet as you are. It's so so cute that he says some sort of farewell to his things.

    Everett too has created a few hybrid parent names, which includes MaDada as well. Also, MamaDa and even MamaNana. So silly!

    Even though he's throwing a fit, I still think he looks extremely handsome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails