Tuesday, December 20, 2011

birthday at red robin

Last birthday related post - I promise!

Drew and I took Asher out for a birthday dinner to celebrate him turning the big 0-2 at Red Robin.  We figured this place would be a winner since they give you balloons right as you walk in and they have chicken fingers and milkshakes.  That's basically Asher's Top 3 requirements for a fun time.


What we weren't expecting was just how excited A would be when the Robin came 'round.  I thought it might be a replay of our Chick-Fil-A experience over the summer where Asher was fascinated by the character from a distance, but terrified up close.  Not so!  Guess hitting the second year mark matured him more than I thought - ha!


He could barely eat his dinner for the excitement!  So adorable!


At the end of our meal I took Asher to the bathroom for a quick diaper change and agreed to meet Drew at the car.  When I was done changing A I heard my phone ding from a text and saw this message from Drew...


Holy cow, I laughed SO hard!  These are the things we shield our children from.  :-)

Asher got his birthday song - and a free sundae! - and all was right with the world.


 


4 comments:

  1. LOL!!! That's too funny... Glad Asher had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny!!! Looks like a great Birthday dinner out. I should check our local Red Robin, sounds like a great place for kiddos to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man . . .. such a good role model that bird is ;) Asher is so cute, and great place to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails