Monday, December 5, 2011

feeling a little off

Asher has been acting kind of strange the past few days.  On Saturday Drew and I took him to a farm that was having a holiday festival for the day.  He normally loves the farm, but while we were there we saw a lot of this face.



He wasn't throwing a tantrum, A just seemed so sad.  It made me ache to see him this upset for no clear reason.  Despite the tears, we did have some fun - like on the wagon ride - yay!



and when we checked out the tractor...


But, honestly, more often than not, we were accompanied by this guy.


I thought {and still think} that maybe he was getting sick, but he seemed pretty happy most other times of the weekend.  To add insult to injury {or maybe vice versa} Asher did have a slip and fall on the hardwood floors on Saturday morning - which I'm sure didn't help.  See his fat little lip - poor bugaboo!


Beyond his cranky tearful episodes, he has also been having extraordinary separation anxiety recently.  We actually got called out of church to get him from the nursery yesterday which never happens.  When Drew and I went to get him he was hysterically crying and calling for "mama, mama."  Break. my. heart.

This might all just be a two year old phase or it might be molars coming in, but I'm worried it's more than that, so we're heading to the pediatrician tonight for an ear check.  Wish us luck {and, if he's not sick, for the Christmas spirit to fill Asher with good cheer!}

Anyone else dealing with extra separation anxiety right now?  I'm hoping it's just a phase!

5 comments:

  1. Emily, I totally know what you're going through. I'm experiencing the same thing. E is having a case of separation anxiety from mama. It comes in bouts but when it happens, he means business about wanting mom.

    Don't you wish there was a clear indicator that us moms could have to know what is wrong with our little boys? I feel like E has been in a weird funk and deep down, I am concerned there is an underlying issue. Thankfully, we have his 2 year check up next week. We already have a long listful of questions to ask.

    I just want you to know- I think you're a great mama. And I know that when you say that your heart aches when you see Asher feeling down and out. To feel and empathize for your child like that just shows all the love you have for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Ash! I sure hope he feels better soon.
    At least if it's an ear infection is can be cured with a few doses of medicine. (trying to look on the [little itty bitty] bright side)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of those fun stages we'll wish we were at again someday!?! Hang in there Momma! Just chalk it up to the fact that he knows how much his Momma loves him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I know how you feel. Poor P just had a major episode of separation anxiety today for the very first time. It was heart breaking. Hopefully, this will be a short lived phase for their sakes and ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't encountered this ... yet. At least not to this sort of extreme. I hope that Asher feels better FAST!!!! Hang in there, Momma!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails