Friday, April 2, 2010

to catch a thief

A few weeks ago I mentioned how I think having a baby is causing me to lose my mind. I love you, but it's true.



Most of the time I just accept it and go about my business.

But sometimes it affects other people. Then other times it affects other people AND me.

Other people like The Law.

Uh-oh.

Today Asher and I were shopping in Target and I may have accidentally shoplifted.

Ok, I definitely shoplifted, but it was an accident.

Nice example for a baby, huh?

I had Asher in the Snap 'N Go stroller and put a bottle of laundry detergent in the basket under his seat. The few other items I needed were in a bag I carried along, so once I checked out I just unloaded the bag and headed out of the store.

It wasn't until I was at the car and went to lift his car seat off of the stroller that I saw the detergent still in the basket.

I don't know Asher...should we take the time to go back inside, wait in line again, and pay for this detergent?



Being a baby I didn't expect Asher to know what the right decision was here, so I decided for us.

I felt pretty ridiculous, but we high-tailed it back inside to pay.

Do you think we made the right choice Ash?



Oh good! I'm glad you approve.

Moral Lesson #1: Don't steal.

Even if your clothes are dirty.

2 comments:

  1. That is too cute! I walked out of the grocery store with an unpaid box of spaghetti that was on the stroller. Who can blame us? We've got cute babies distracting us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! And I swear, Eli and Asher must have identical wardrobes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails