Tuesday, April 6, 2010

hip, hip, jorge!

As it turns out, I married into a family of Yankees fans. 

I had no baseball loyalties before Drew came along, so I was happy enough to join this bandwagon.  Well, I didn't so much join as concede.  Drew grew up in New Jersey, so the Yankee runs deep.  Even if I did like another team it would mean a constant fight, which I just don't have the energy for.

Baseball always kind of bored me since the games could be slow and there were so many each season.  But, over the past 6 years I've actually started enjoying it!  Following one team is totally the way to go!  I know the players {somewhat} and can keep track of how the team is doing overall.

Plus I grew up in the hometown of Mike Mussina, so that's a bonus.

Plus I think catchers don't get enough credit overall, so I love Jorge Posada.

Naturally, Asher is a huge Yankees fan.  Since he's his Daddy's son we didn't even have to teach him -- it's already in his blood.



We're excited for the start of baseball season around here!


5 comments:

  1. He seriously gets cuter every day!! Love the Yankees gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...love the picture with dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you may have just lost me as a blog follower with this post! We are Red Sox fans...so for us, you cannot get much worse than the Yanks.

    j/k :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I have never been a baseball fan myself and probably never will be as my husband doesn't really care for it either. But... this might have to change as Bennett gets older :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys have been in the closet!!! If only I knew! I would have called you at 11 pm when the Yankees won the World Series!! For the 27th Time!!!! He does look cute in the yankees gear. I have just the thing to complete the outfit. :) -F

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails