Monday, April 19, 2010

on the road again

Phew, I'm exhausted.

It's been a really crazy week.  Have you ever traveled for a week, across 7 state lines, with a 4 month old in tow?  If you have, you have my sympathies -- it's hard!

Asher is a great traveler, but it was still a long, tough time for all of us.  Just the sheer amount of stuff that a baby needs boggles my mind.  You pack enough diapers, clothes, burp cloths, wipes, bottles, etc for a couple weeks in the car, then unload, then load, then unload.  Repeat many times.  We slept in 5 different places over the past 8 days.

But now Asher and I are settled in at my parent's house in North Carolina for the next 2 weeks!  We're letting Drew handle the move logistics in Cleveland.  Lucky him.  :o)

Now that we're in 1 place for awhile I can get caught up on my blogging!  I haven't been able to read many blogs this past week, so I'm anxious to see what you all have been up too as well!

For now, let's rewind to last Sunday.  When we last saw our heroes we were in Harrisburg visiting with Aunt Erin and Uncle Ryan.  Late Sunday afternoon we hit the road again and headed towards our new hometown!  Drew and I were so lucky to have his aunt and cousin available to watch Asher for us while we house-hunted like possessed people on Monday.  Thanks Aunt Carol and Annette!  You made it so, so much easier for us to find a place!

We managed to find a great townhouse to rent on Monday and by Tuesday morning we were back on the road, cruising up the eastern coast like nobody's business.

Destination:  Grandma and Grandpa Wilkinson's house!

Drew's brother Chris was getting married on Saturday, so we stayed in New Jersey for the rest of the week leading up to the wedding.  With all of the craziness in packing, unpacking, and caring for an infant I didn't get nearly as many photos as I hoped to, but we did get some good ones with Asher in his Yankees finest.  He had to show his support for the game on Wednesday and Grandpa really appreciated it.




Next time on The Weary Travelers...a wedding and the ultimate road trip.

1 comment:

  1. Asher is cute, as usual!!!!

    Sounds like you have been all over the place... congrats on finding a place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails