Wednesday, December 21, 2011

breakfast cupcakes

Is anyone looking for a delicious breakfast for Christmas {or any} morning?  I saw what looked like a yummy and easy recipe on Jessica's blog and tried it out on the ladies in my bible study when it was my turn to bring snack one morning.  They get a lot of my trial recipes - sorry, friends.  :-)

Turns out this one was a huge winner!  Everyone loved the breakfast cupcakes so much that I ended up making them on Thanksgiving morning too and Drew's family loved them.  It's unanimous - these muffins are a hit!

It seemed like they would freeze really well so I tried that at home and it's been working great!  These are SO good as a quick, hearty breakfast.  Intrigued yet?  Here's the recipe...


Breakfast Cupcakes {makes 24}


1 lb sausage {cooked into crumbles}
10 eggs
2C shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 can Grands Flaky Layers biscuits
salt + pepper 

{1} Spray a muffin tin liberally with Pam
{2} Divide each Grands biscuit into 3 layers {they peel right apart} and press one layer into the bottom of each muffin cup.  This way 8 biscuits = 24 muffins.
{3} Whisk together eggs, mustard, salt, and pepper
{4} Stir in cheese and cooked sausage crumbles
{5} Pour egg/sausage mixture on top of biscuit until the cup is 2/3 full
{6} Bake at 350 for 16-18 mins or until the tops are golden and the egg is set

If you decide to freeze them, just let them cool completely, then store in a freezer bag.  To re-heat, wrap 2 muffins in a damp paper towel and microwave for 1 min 30 sec.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I make a breakfast casserole just like this (except croissants instead of biscuits) but having these as muffins is genius! What a great snack for when I host playgroup next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I'll definitely try :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so making these!!! They will be a hit in my family, and nice and portable for Presley. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this recipe! I got all the ingredients tonight to make these for our Christmas Eve Brunch. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made them and they were SO delicious!! I have some to freeze so I'm excited to have a few stashed away. He he.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails