Monday, October 22, 2012

the pumpkin farm

I actually wrote this a few weeks ago...and got a little delayed in posting.  No baby yet, but I feel like she could come any day.  Updates, of course, when things start to happen!

*******************

With the baby bug due to arrive anytime in the next 2 weeks I've been feeling a little pressured to get most of our fall bucket list checked off earlier, rather than later, in the season.  One of the things I was most looking forward to was taking Asher to a pumpkin patch.


There's just something about toddlers and pumpkins that go together.  Maybe it's how adorable they are trying to carry a giant, round pumpkin across a field.  Or maybe it's how they get super excited by the sheer multitude of melons to choose from!  ha!


You know what happens when you go to the pumpkin farm in early October in North Carolina?  Sometimes it's hot.  Like in the 80s hot.  Not very fall-ish to me, but we worked with what we were given and had a lot of fun regardless.  However, you will notice that we're all wearing shorts and tank tops.  A first in the pumpkin patch for me.  :-)


I don't know about you, but I'm used to visiting a simple field of pumpkins - maybe taking a hayride out to the fields - but then browsing for the perfect melon and calling it a day.  This farm was so much more!

Asher loved it!

The first thing we ran into was a bounce house, so, of course, Ash was sold on the visit from step one.


My lucky boy has a wonderful Grammy who was willing to get into this corn pit play area with him.  He was a little hesitant at first, but once she showed him how it's a lot like a big sandbox A loved it.  I've never seen anything like this before - very creative, pumpkin farm.



There were also quite a few animals on the farm.  We couldn't get as close as Asher would have liked, but he still got a kick out of watching and talking to them.



And I got a kick out of A's duck boots.  I hope he never grows out of them - they might be one of my favorite things ever.  :-)


While we were waiting for our hayride to the pumpkin fields the boys discovered this hay jumping barn.  I got itchy just looking at it - ha!


Asher wants to thank his Grammy and PopPop for coming to the farm with us.  Maybe he and PopPop can dress alike next year too.  :-)


Can't wait to see how little sister likes the pumpkin farm as an almost 1 year old next year - ahh!

2 comments:

  1. Pumpkin patches and farms have definitely become one of my absolute favorite parts of fall! I look so forward to it every year, and last year I think we went to three. This year we've only hit one, but this post has inspired me to maybe check out another :)

    Unfortunately it's also quite warm here still, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting so big! Time is flying! Can't wait to meet the little miss! Best wishes with delivery!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails