Tuesday, October 2, 2012

bugaboo {36 weeks}

I'm 9 months pregnant!


It always confuses people that pregnancy is actually more like a 10 month process since it's 40 weeks gestation. If I'm lucky I'll get a few weeks of being 9 months along. Most of the baby prep is finished, but I wouldn't mind having some more time to get the details ironed out and to just enjoy this time with my little family of three.

Today I washed and sterilized all of the breast pump parts, bottles, and pacifiers. It ended up being quite the production. See...


Why do bottles need 6 individual parts?? ha ha

I have an OB appointment on Thursday and get my Group B Strep test. I was positive for it with Asher, but I'm told it's the kind of thing that comes and goes, so we'll see where I fall now. The weekly appointments start now and will continue until D-day.


Baby is definitely getting bigger and making me more uncomfortable. I feel pretty good most of the time, but by 5 or so the Braxton-Hicks kick in and keep up on and off all evening. Sleep is becoming really lousy since absolutely no position is comfortable. I also found out that I have carpal tunnel in my hands and feet, so they both ache like crazy 24/7.

This is all stuff I'd expect by this point, so I really can't complain much. Things could definitely be worse and I have a great reward for my trouble! :-)

How far along: 36 weeks

Net weight gain/loss: 20 pounds

Maternity clothes: yes, but the shirt in these photos is regular

Stretch marks: not yet

Belly button: fully popped

Sleep: sometimes good, sometimes bad

Baby movement: still pretty significant, even though she's running out of room!

Gender: it's a girl!

Food cravings: crushed ice {is ice a food? either way, I can't get enough - still}

Food aversions: nothing really

What I miss: laying down without getting really uncomfortable

Looking forward to: getting the rest of the nursery furniture...hopefully by early next week

Best moment this week: a 3 year old girl in the church toddler class I taught this weekend asked me, "Why do you have such a big tummy?" When I told her it's because I'm having a baby every little girl in the class swarmed around and told me all about their mommy's tummies - size, baby/no baby, wishes that their mommy would have a baby, etc. SO funny! :-)

Milestones: baby could be born any day and would most likely be fine!

 

5 comments:

  1. You look great... 36 weeks has gone by very quickly! Or at least, that's how it feels from this side. Has it gone quickly for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwww!!!! you look wonderful! :) She will be here so soon... :) ahhhhhh excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how close we are to the end. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to see this sweet little lady, and find out her name!!! Ughh, I remember the Braxton hicks with Harper were crazy. I got them ALL. THE.TIME. You look wonderful, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're in the final stretch now mama!! Your bump is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails