Thursday, October 11, 2012

football sunday

Drew has been working on training Asher in the most important things of life. You know - mainly, football.

Asher has picked up on the importance amazingly fast.


A few Fridays ago Drew and my Dad took Asher to his first live football game. Friday night lights at its finest at our local high school. Ash loved it - he loves watching all sports. Now he asks constantly for "football game?"


When we explained that Sundays are the day we watch football on TV, not in person, Asher was quick to change his tune. Every Sunday he starts bright and early with an almost constant refrain of "football TV? football TV?"


It's bad.


Even the teachers in his Sunday school class comment on it when we pick him up - he must talk about Sunday being football day all morning! Nice.

In a lot of ways, Asher is my little boy. He loves his mommy and still wants me first thing in the morning and whenever things go badly.


On Sunday, however, Daddy is king. Personally, I've been praying for a way to get out of watching football all afternoon for 8 years now. I'm so excited the day has finally come. Go boys, go. :-)

 

{and Go Steelers}

 

1 comment:

  1. He is a boy after my own heart! When I visit (someday), it will definitely be on a Sunday so I can watch football with D & A, and you Justin and Hadlea can visit! Ha! That is how it works in my house! :)
    And the whole "Go boys, go", I know that was for my Cowboys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails