Wednesday, April 29, 2009

idol chatter

I know that I've been a little down on the contestants so far this year, but I can admit when I'm wrong.

Last night they all did amazing!

It helps that I love music from the Rat Pack era. I think this particular genre helped the contestants slow down a little and really think about how they were performing. So many of these songs require good intonation and deliberate phrasing -- you can't just rush through them in a cloud of notes.

The judges didn't seem as impressed, but I really liked Kris.


It isn't easy to go first and I thought he did a great job with How You Look Tonight.

I also have to give props to Danny.



He usually leaves me feeling a little cool -- he has a good voice, but never seemed to have much star quality. Until last night! He was really working it and sang great, to boot!

My least favorite (and the judges most favorite) has to be Matt. I really thought he should have left 2 weeks ago when the judges saved him. I miss Anoop and think this would have been his week. What better genre for Anoop than the crooners classics?!



Who will get the boot -- I guess we'll see tonight, but I'm hoping for Matt and afraid for Kris.

I also have to mention that, apparently, it's bad for me to let Idol be the last thing I watch before going to bed.

Last night I had a dream that Randy Jackson and I were jamming out in some dressing room. I was trying on jeans (why??) and he was giving me feedback by saying things like, "those are just alright for me" and "you really rocked it with that pair."

In between try-ons he and I were singing together and dancing around.

I think I might be going crazy.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails