Monday, April 27, 2009

heat wave

We had a major heat wave this weekend!



Here in Cleveland we get our share of cold, snowy weather -- in fact, for someone like me who loves warm weather, I think we get more than our fair share.

However.

As much as I like warm, sunny days I also love the transitions from season to season.

This week we went straight from 50s-60s on Thursday to 80s on Saturday and Sunday!! Too much! It actually went above 80ยบ inside my house yesterday.

Drew and I went for a walk on Sunday afternoon and were actually a little bit disoriented because it was hot enough to be August, but there are no leaves on the trees yet. Some are starting to get green buds, but there isn't nearly enough shade!

Ok, global warming, you've made your point.

Let's go back to spring now and warm up a little more gradually next time. If I ever turn my A/C on in April again it will be too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails