Friday, April 3, 2009

favorite thing friday

I see a lot of things advertised on TV that look pretty darn intriguing.

Maybe I didn't think about it much beforehand, but once I see the commercial, the realization hits me that I could use killer abs, or hands free plant watering, or a blanket with sleeves, or free money!

Luckily for me, not too long after the initial rush of desire my rational side kicks in and I remember that most of those claims are just too good to be true.

Please don't stage an intervention for me, I've never actually bought anything off an infomercial.

(Does it say something about our culture that we have a word for that type of ad?)

However.

Sometimes a product comes along that actually does live up to (most of) the hype.

I saw this advertised on TV a few times and was intrigued, but skeptical.

I mean, really, can foundation actually go on lightly, but still cover well.

Plus make your skin more healthy.
Plus provide extra SPF (hello, skin cancer's #1 target, right here).
Plus only take 5 minutes to apply.

I don't think so.

Or I guess I should say, I didn't think so.

i.d. Bare Escentuals is the best make-up I've ever used.






I wandered into Sephora one day with the intention of trying it out. The nice ladies there fixed me all up, by showing me how to do it on half my face, then letting me do the other half. I hate it when people who are pros show you how great a product is because I can never repeat it at home. Never.

This was good because I saw that I could get the same results as the pros!





I walked around the mall in the make-up for the rest of the day and was really impressed by how well it held up. I don't usually wear much make-up, so how light it feels was a huge plus to me.

I bought the starter kit that same day and haven't looked back since!



It's a great overall foundation, but I would still recommend using a cream concealer for blemishes -- it's not so great at covering those.

I've also tried the eye shadow, liner, and lip gloss -- all fab!

Some people will be put off by the cost (about $60 for the starter kit), but believe me, it's worth it. I only need to buy a new foundation once or twice a year ($20) and I use it every day.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails