Tuesday, April 14, 2009

congratulations, meghann & scott!

Of the memories I have from my time at Bucknell there are several that stand out from the rest.

One of these is the time I spent with the people on my Freshmen dorm floor. We all took a class together, so in addition to the trauma joy we experienced as one from starting college, we also had extra time to get to know each other in class/studying/Wednesday night Humanities seminars.



I remember distinctly when I met my friend, Meghann. We were both wandering around the "Welcome Freshmen" academic carnival and met up at the Chemistry station. I recognized her from my hall and we hit it off right away. We were both going to be science majors and at Bucknell this meant Organic Chemistry, 1st semester Freshman year.



We were destined to spend a lot of study time together.



Meghann proved to be an awesome lab partner, study session instigator, and friend.



Eventually Freshmen year ended and we decided to join a bunch of our fellow Humanities friends on a dorm floor during Sophomore year.

HILL was born.



Oh, the times we had there. So fun.

This story isn't just a tribute to Meghann, though.

Like all good stories, this one has a boy.
Hi, Scott.



I first met Scott during my Freshman year as well. Only he was a Senior. And Meghann introduced us.

That's right, Meghann was already hanging out with Seniors. In the gateways.

She's something. :o)

Scott cemented himself in my memory by creating the most intriguing and disgusting (yes, both) project I've ever run across.

Ah, Tu-Now.

That's right, Tu-Now. For when you need Tuna, now!

Scott had to create something that would better society and he made "tuna in a tube."

Think Go Gurt, but with tuna salad in place of the yogurt. My stomach turned over a little just typing that.

It was vile.

If you can get beyond the gross aspects, you'll probably be asking yourself, "how in the world does tuna in a tube better society?"

I think Scott was asking himself that same question as he presented this product to his classmates and professor.

He managed to come up with a short list, including:

1) a good source of protein on the go
2) prevention of Senior citizens from cutting themselves on sharp tuna can lids

Wait, it doesn't end there.

What good is a product without a catchy jingle to sell it??

(to the tune of the Chia pet jingle)

When you're running out the door
And you need some Albacore
Tu-Tu-Tu, Tu-Now!

When I heard the jingle, I was sold. Scott was now one of my favorite people. Nine years later, I still laugh everytime I think about that project.

Scott and Meghann ended up dating after he graduated and maintained a long distance relationship for several years. They finally were able to live in the same town and just got engaged last week!

Congratulations, Scott and Meghann!

I love you both and wish you lots of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails