Thursday, September 27, 2012

the mini

When we found out I was pregnant with baby #2 Drew and I decided that {at some point} we'd need a bigger car.  Our SUV could certainly handle 2 children, but it would be so much easier to haul all of their stuff and get them in and out of a...minivan.

There, I said it.

A minivan.

I was the harder sell on this one.  Owning a minivan seems like a major turning point in a person's life - one that I wasn't necessarily ready for.  I'm making it seem very dramatic - but seriously, my mom had a minivan!  I'm too young to drive a van!

Except that I'm not.

Everyone I know who has kids can't say enough great things about their "family vehicle" so Drew and I went for some test drives.  The whole set up made so much sense I couldn't deny the appeal.  The doors slide, rather than swing - the seats move in 100 different configurations - the seats come in and out with ease - the back seats fold into the floor for long trip luggage/stroller/baby stuff hauling...it goes on and on.

So {we bought one}.

Meet mini.  :-)


She's my push present and I couldn't be more tickled.  The only hitch is that now I'm really committed to delivering this baby to hold up my end of the bargain.  darn.


After driving her around for the past few weeks I have to say, this is the nicest car I've ever owned.  It's making me tremendously lazy since virtually every feature is automatic!

I thought Asher might be confused at first - he was always a big helper in parking lots pointing out "Mommy's car", but with mini it was love at first sight.


He can climb into his car seat all by himself and requests that we drive places.  ha ha!

Obviously, we haven't truly put mini through her paces yet since ladybug isn't here, but I'm confident she's up for the task.

Welcome, mini.  We're so, so happy to have you.  :-)

8 comments:

  1. I got a new SUV when Carter was about six months old thinking it would be great for our growing family but now with #2 on the way I am realizing just how small it actually is :/ the trunk is SO small that once I put the double stroller in, there isn't room for anything else! Such a bummer. Definitely considering adding a mini to our family too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I have seriously thought about getting one too! We have a Honda pilot now and it works fine with our two and has plenty of room but as soon as I have to go anywhere with an extra carseat, things get crazy. Plus with Rylan rear facing in his infant seat, there isn't much leg room for the front passenger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! I am totally thinking about getting one too! We have a Honda pilot now which is plenty room for us, double stroller and whatnot, but as soon as I put in an extra carseat, things get a little crazy. Plus with Rylan in a rear facing carseat, the front passerger has very little leg room. Totally think a van would work better

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you (even though we don't have any kids)! I learned on a minivan, so when the time comes, it'll be like returning to my roots or something...that's what I tell myself anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice! Glad you like it :) I know how hard that step is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!! 'that m word' has actually been thrown out around our house as of late, too. I just can't bring myself to think about it quite yet, evern though they have all the fantastic features!! :) love yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice!! 'that m word' has actually been thrown out around our house as of late, too. I just can't bring myself to think about it quite yet, evern though they have all the fantastic features!! :) love yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I told myself I would never drive one and I LOVE mine. It makes life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails