Monday, September 17, 2012

home tour {be our guest}

Please come and visit us - we have a space just for you!


As you leave the kitchen there's a little mudroom between the garage door and the guest room.  I l-o-v-e this bench and cubby system.  We don't wear shoes in the house, so having this space not only keeps our shoes corralled, but also makes it easier to get shoes on and off the little one.


There's also a small closet for coats/brooms/steam mop...


and, of course, our DIY cork board.


Guests have their own suite just off the mudroom.  I love having the guest bedroom and bathroom on the first floor.  It makes it easier to keep our personal messes out of sight upstairs and gives guests some privacy as well.


I'd love to do more decorating in this room sometime soon - curtains being first on my list.  It's just one of those spaces that get forgotten about with other higher priority spaces demanding my attention.  Might be a fun winter project!



Not the most thrilling space, but it works well and we haven't had any complaints yet.  :-)

Please come see us!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice... one of best looking "undecorated" guest rooms I've ever seen! It totally puts mine to shame. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so gorgeous! I love the pillows on the bed :)

    We have our guest room downstairs also, which is amazing for privacy on both ends - I agree!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails