Friday, September 21, 2012

{phone dump friday}

Fall is truly coming and I love, love, love it. It was a pretty hot summer here so now that the temps have come down a bit we're getting outside a lot more. Today Asher and I met up with our neighborhood play group at a local park. There's a playground, but also a really neat pond you can walk around that has tons of turtles, fish, and ducks. Asher loved it.


This morning {before the park} they had picture day at Asher's preschool. The photographer only comes once, so even though Ash didn't have class today we still stopped by to get his picture taken. He ended up doing a great job, but had a lot of confusion over why we were at school but not going to his classroom. Actually, he got really upset. My theory is that he thought I was taking him to some brand new room when he'd just started getting used to the old one. Poor guy was in a tizzy...

Yesterday, though we made major progress on the school front. He was a little apprehensive waiting to go in, but then he walked into class on his own 2 feet {rather than me peeling him off crying}. Of course, as soon as he realized his mistake he started crying and tried to come back to me. At pickup his teachers said he stopped crying within a few minutes and didn't cry again the whole morning. Progress!



I've been trying to get the house ready for fall as well. I have ZERO fall decorations and waaaaay over estimated my abilities. I bought a bunch of stuff, none of it worked in my spaces, and took it all back. Anybody want to come decorate my house?? I scaled back the efforts and decided to just focus on the breakfast nook this year. Next year: the fireplace mantle and kitchen. :-)



Sometimes, actually a lot of times, Asher makes me laugh out loud. He refuses to use the potty at. all. but he does remember to put his cup on a coaster. I guess I'll take what I can get.



Tonight we're headed to Asher's first ever live football game! We thought getting out to support the local high school would be a fun way to get involved in our new home town - plus A's a huge fan of live sports, bands, and concession stand food. Where else can you find all 3? Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails