Tuesday, September 18, 2012

bugaboo {34 weeks}

Baby bug is 34 weeks today! Overall we're still doing pretty well. She's cookin' away in there and I'm keeping busy getting ready for her ever approaching arrival date.

{self-portraits this week! exciting, no?}


This weekend I had Drew haul all the baby gear down from the attic. I was able to wash all the fabrics and wipe down everything else. Check out the awesome mess we made! ha ha. Hoping to get it all reassembled and put away in the next few days.


I still have to clean/sterilize all of the breast pump components, pacifiers, and bottles but that's a job for another day.


We also hung some decorations in the nursery! Unfortunately they have her name on them, so the room tour might have to go on pause until after her birth. Sorry, friends, this is hard for me - I'm so excited to show it to you! :-)

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. My list of questions, especially about their particular birth policies and procedures, is growing. Now that we're getting down to the final stretch I need to get serious about the way little lady will make her big debut. Drew and I go on the hospital tour this Saturday - I'm excited to see the place where lady bug will be born!

Toes? See ya on the flip side...


This week baby is the size of a butternut squash - perfect for fall. :-)


How far along: 34 weeks

Net weight gain/loss: 19 pounds

Maternity clothes: yes, but I'm still using some of each

Stretch marks: not yet

Belly button: fully popped

Sleep: I'm very uncomfortable but still sleeping pretty well, surprisingly

Baby movement: oh yes - she's very busy.

Gender: ladybug

Food cravings: crushed ice {is ice a food? either way, I can't get enough}

Food aversions: nothing really

What I miss: being able to go, go, go without getting completely worn out and sore

Looking forward to: making Asher and ladybug's "big bro/lil sis" shirts

Best moment this week: crossing some big baby prep items off my list

Milestones: baby can recognize simple songs that I sing

 

2 comments:

  1. Your belly is so cute and perfect! I know how you're feeling missing the being able to chase your toddler! The soreness at the end of the day...or even after a couple hours out and about was overwhelming at this point with miss M for me. I hope you are able to relax a little in the midst of all the busy busy prep work! Can't wait to see the big bro lil sis shirts! :) Are you taking A with you guys to the hospital tour? Our hospital here offers a sibling class where they talk about the baby and show them the rooms where mommy and baby will be. We did it with Cam before Ethan but didn't do it with Ethan before Mazie and I wish we had because he might not have been so scared when he came in to see me the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails