Wednesday, April 4, 2012

a son and a bun

...in my oven, that is.  :-)

Thank you all SO much for your congratulations and well wishes on yesterday's post and on Facebook.  We are thrilled to be expecting this little one and are equally thrilled to have friends and family to celebrate with us!

When we found out we were expecting the first order of business for Drew and I was deciding what we're going to call the baby while I'm pregnant.  If you read my blog when I was expecting Asher, you'll remember that we didn't share his name until he was born and called him "bean" during my pregnancy.  I loved having his name be a birth day surprise, but also liked having something other than - baby - to call him.  This bambino is no different!

So, without further adieu, meet...the Bug!


Isn't he/she cute?  :-)

With Asher I only had the 20 week ultrasound, but I've been able to see this baby twice already.  The first time was when I went to the ER after being so sick for a few days.  I was really worried that the dehydration would hurt the Bug, so I got some fluids and a quick ultrasound to check on him.  His little heart was beating away, healthy and strong - praise God!  This second ultrasound was just on Monday at my regular OB appointment.  Bug is still too small to hear with the doppler, so my doctor took a quick peek to check on the heartbeat once more.  Still strong and beating away at 162 bpm.  Yay!  

We do plan to find out the gender in a few weeks and will share that once we know.  So who knows, Bug might turn into Ladybug - time will tell!  The name, however, will be a surprise at the end again.  :-) 

Baby bug is estimated to join us on November 4th, but given that Asher came a week early it's definitely possible that the Bug will be an October baby. 

Right now Asher is in complete denial - ha!  He definitely is just too young to comprehend what's going on.  We'll do our best to prepare him as we go along, but I feel like it might just be a shocker when the Bug finally arrives.  Hopefully we'll have some time to be around other babies in the next few months so he can get more comfortable with me holding babies {right now it's a major problem - yikes}.  If you could start praying NOW for his adjustment, that would be great.  :-)

Thanks again for sharing our excitement - more baby news to come!

10 comments:

  1. Yay on the Bug!!! Ah... to be pregnant again... :)

    Liam does not like it AT ALL when I hod another baby. Last time I held my cousin's baby, he gave me the most evil look ever and then started to cry! lol

    Good luck with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I'm just now catching up on blog reading. So excited for you!! I can't wait to follow you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such exciting news!!! Don't worry - he'll come around. The first time I held Hattie, Ava wouldn't even acknowledge her. within a week, she was referring to hastie add her baby and living all over her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hattie*, as*, loving*

    Stupid autocorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog tittle and I especially love the baby's nickname ( bug to possibly ladybug)! Too cute! Presley is in for a big shock when this baby comes. I'm trying really hard to prepare her, but it's just a concept she isn't getting.Now, we just tell her that Mommy and Daddy are going to bring a baby home to live in our house, lol! I'm also worried about her NEED to be so hands on with babies. I've had to friends have babies recently and she wanted to hold them so bad she was physically shaking when I pulled her away, bless her heart. Anyway, I'm beyond thrilled for your family and can't wait to her more about bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I'm SO excited for you and your family! I think it's really neat that you keep the baby's name a secret...what a wonderful way to surprise your friends and family after the bug is born. :) Don't worry about Asher...Seraphina had and has her moments of jealousy/sibling rivalry, but most of the time, she just adores her little sister. I bet sweet little Asher will be the best big brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! I think Asher will definitely come around and may even surprise you with how much he adores the baby and wants to help. My friend was really nervous but her son (who was 2 1/2 at the time of baby brother's birth) absolutely loves his baby brother and gets mad when he can't hold him. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period, but Asher will quickly come around! Plus, he'll be almost 3 and he's bound to change a lot between now and then. A is going to be a terrific big brother!! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay :) I'm so excited for you guys... another baby is so exciting!!! :) I look forward to following along this journey with you since I didn't get to when you were pregnant with Asher and only found your blog after our little guys were born. :) Asher will be a wonderful older brother!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gracious!! Congratulations!! So exciting and can't wait to read along with you on this journey :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails