Monday, August 1, 2011

weekend in an instant

Have you heard of Instagr.am?  I love, love the look that this iPhone app gives photos, but since I don't have an iPhone {yet} I thought it was just a pipe dream for me.

Then my Monday started off awesome when I saw this post from Amanda!  Check out fantastic {free!} Photoshop Actions that mimic Instagr.am here!!

This weekend was a blur of activity for us.  On Friday Drew's parents came to visit!  Asher loves nothing more than to have undivided grandparent attention.


After a few vigorous rounds of 'Where's Grandma?'...


some dancing with Grandpa



and a bunch of ball rolling back and forth


Asher was pleased as punch.


On Saturday Drew and I left Asher in the capable hands of some professional toddler spoilers and went to see our first movie since last November - Harry Potter!  Nine years ago Drew took me on our first "movie date" to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  We've seen all of the subsequent HP movies in the theater and had to find a way to finish our journey with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.  :-)

The fun continued on Sunday when Linda and I went to bridal shower for Drew's cousin's fiance!  They had the prettiest flowers...


The food was sooo delicious!  YUM.



I love this idea of individually packaging the veggies and hummus in cups.  This made it super easy to just grab a cup, but it would also be great for kids - and those double dipping adults.  ha!


All in all we had a really fun weekend! 

Asher and I are spending today doing laundry, cleaning out the fridge and detoxing from so much attention.  So far A has had 3 tantrums because I didn't immediately drop what I was doing and play with him.  This is the truly fun part of having company over the weekend.  Wish us luck {and patience!}  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Tantrums are awesome!!! ...not!

    I love your photos... the food pics are excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO jealous you have seen HP . . hubs and I are planning a date soon to do just that; we are addicted too!

    And oh the patience . . . it takes a WHOLE lot and then some on certain days doesn't it? Those are the days where I allow myself to let Parker do a few special things like watch a favorite show, or splash around in his water table so I can get a FEW seconds to regain my patience and become human again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ Instagram so when you get it.. please friend me on there :)

    I haven't tried hummus, but I should?

    Great pics!!!! Grandparent time is AWESOME for all included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SO much for sharing your Instagram action find, Em! Great pix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! I now have the Instagram app thanks to this post. :)

    And I love that food in a cup idea. I'm definitely stealing that one!

    P.S. A zoo trip is a MUST!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails