Friday, August 5, 2011

makin' it friday

Why, oh why, did this week feel so long?

For me it probably had something to do with spending 24/7 with a toddler who was pressing every button this mama has.  There was an epic battle of wills going on over here, with me taking a sorry second place.

{no, Asher - you can't eat a popsicle for lunch.  Sorry.}


But you know what - we made it!

I didn't lose every disagreement, my patience {too much}, or my mind.  Win!

In fact, Asher and I even had some nice moments this week.  He seems to sense when I'm running low and gave me a few extra hugs at key moments.  Love that.  :-)

Then there was our trip to BJs.  Asher spotted a new friend from across the aisle and started shouting his name immediately "Nanda, Nanda!"  He loves pandas these days.


They snuggled for the rest of our shopping trip.


How could we leave him behind?  He belongs with us.


Since Asher made a new best friend, Mommy decided that she needed one too.

So I made one of my own.  Meet my new camera strap!


I found this amazing tutorial on Amanda's blog and simply did her directions step-by-step.

You can find it here.  


It was so fun and easy, I actually made two.  :-)  I tweaked a few things on the second try {see how the ruffle was fraying a little - I folded the edge under twice on the second one to prevent that} and really love it!


Now that I know the best way to make one I need to get more of the cute yellow and gray material - I didn't have enough to make 2 the first time.  Boo.


You may or may not have noticed, but I also {finally!} figured out how to make and install a favicon on the blog!  See the little "W" icon up at the web address?  I did that!  Sometimes it's the little things.  ha!


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

If you need us, we'll be eating popsicles with our new best friends.

4 comments:

  1. omg! Your camera strap is so awesome! You made it yourself? Very cute! I was actually looking at someone's ETSY site who makes them, but they seem too pricey. We need to start a mothers-with-toddler support group. It's hard but at least you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO crafty :) Love the camera straps!

    And oh do we ever have the same moments in life. Toddlers are very trying at times, but agree they also have their many sweet moments. And sometimes, toys at the store are SO worth it, because they don't really get the whole spoiled thing just yet and they are busy the rest of the time too.

    And P.S. I may have let Parker eat a homemade popsicle before dinner tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe there's something in the air this week (or something going on with the moon since I don't know if we have the same air in Texas!). Eli has been a little crazy this week and has fought going to sleep at night every night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the straps! You're so crafty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails