Saturday, December 29, 2012

for baby {DIY striped quilt}

Did you know that our family is expecting a new niece?  Drew's brother and his wife are expecting their little girl in February.  She will be my first and I'm so excited for Hadley to have a close-in-age girl cousin!

Today is the baby shower and since it's a 9 hour drive from here I couldn't be there.  :-(  I was a bridesmaid for Ali and feel just terrible that I can't be at the party to celebrate her little lady to be.  Hadley was {kind of} there when Ali married Matt and wishes she could be at the shower too.


Since I wasn't able to celebrate with Ali in person I wanted to send an extra special gift in my place.  When Drew's mom was visiting 2 weeks ago I took advantage of the extra baby holding arms and put together a quilt for baby girl.


The nursery is pink and gray with pops of coral and orange, so those are the colors I used.


This quilt design is one I first saw on Pinterest - it was so easy!  The print fabrics were cut in 4" strips and the white minky in 2" strips.  I sewed them together and used gray quilt binding around the edges.


The backing is pink flannel with a panel of white minky in the center.


I quilted it together by "stitching in the ditch" of each strip - simple!


This blanket turned out so cute and oh so soft - I really wanted to keep it for myself.  ha ha!  I hope you and your sweet baby girl love it, Ali!

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I'm going to commission you to make us a baby blanket next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO adorable!! Want to come to Texas and teach me to sew!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to make this for my baby due in March. Any chance you have the original pin? I am not talented enough to be able to quilt unless I have a tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't an original pin unfortunately. It was just a picture and made up my own dimensions for the strips. Good luck!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails