Tuesday, December 18, 2012

turning three: day one

Asher's 3rd birthday started out like any other day when I went in to say good morning. ..except that I flashed the camera at him as he woke up.  ha ha - sorry buddy!  Drew had to travel all last week so he wasn't able to be home on 12/13 and wanted a record of the whole day.  Here's what a brand new 3 year old looks like!


Happy Birthday, Asher!

Once he got over being annoyed at me for blinding him, Ash realized that if his doorway was any indication, this day held special potential.


The fun kept on coming as he got to eat his favorite breakfast off of a very special plate!


When I showed it to him Asher gave me the best surprised face and said, "mommy!  It's Asher on the plate!"  Needless to say, it's a hit {and our new favorite way to dine}.


Asher had school on his birthday so we headed there armed with lots of cupcakes to share with his classmates.  Everyone {including the teachers} were very excited to see us loaded with treats.  ha!

Drew's mom was in town all last week so she stayed home with Hadley while I ran a ton of birthday and Christmas errands during Asher's school hours.  Luckily for Asher one of those errands was stopping by the party store for balloons!  This boy loves him some balloons!


Wouldn't even let go of them to eat lunch.  {have I mentioned how much I love him?  This sweetness chokes me up - may I always be able to make him so happy}


That evening we had a tiny party of 4:  Asher, me, Hadley, and Grandma Linda.  Regardless of our small numbers, we had a big celebration!  There was, of course, the birthday song...


candles on cupcakes...


and a wish.


The next day the party continued because Daddy was home!...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like he had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet boy! We love getting to watch you grow! How can you and H already be 3?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails