Friday, December 28, 2012

hadley fern {two months}

Hadley Fern, you are TWO months old!


and seem pretty darn happy about it.  You are the smiliest baby these days!  Right around 6 weeks old you started smiling and haven't stopped since.  I hope it keeps up forever!

These past 2 months have gone by in a flash.  Much, much faster than they did with your brother.  I just want to snuggle you all the time before I look up and see that another 2 months are gone.


You have really come alive this month!  These days you look all over and lock eyes with us easily.  I love the way you hear my voice and turn your head looking for me.  You're my girl for sure.  :-)


We got out the activity mat on Christmas Eve and you are l-o-v-i-n-g it!  You gaze so intently at the toys and have started batting at them with your hands.  At first I thought it was just an accident, but then I watched closely and could practically see your little brain figuring out how to raise your arm and hit the frog leg. You're a smart girl!


Hadley, you are the happiest baby.  You hardly ever cry unless you are hungry.

{or tired of pictures - ha!}


My arms are your favorite place to sleep during the day and I oblige as often as possible.  I do lay you down from time to time, but we aren't stressing about crib napping yet.  I stressed out majorly with your brother and it was a huge waste of time and energy, so I'm taking a more laid back stance with you - for now at least.  :-)


At night you sleep like an angel.  You are still a bit of a night owl, going to bed around 10pm, but then you sleep at least 5 hours before needing to eat.  A few times you've gone 7-8 hours which I'm pretty sure can't last - way too good to be true.  You sleep in your crib and have been happy there from day 1.

We go to the doctor for your 2 month check-up next week so I'll update with your stats then.

At 2 months, Hadley...
  • eats every 2-3 hours during the day and 5-7 hours at night {although she slept from 10:30-7:30 last night - wow!}
  • is exclusively breastfed
  • sleeps on and off throughout the day
  • makes great eye contact
  • reaches for toys
  • wears size 0-3 month clothes
  • wears size 1 diapers
  • holds her head up really well
  • is already so close to rolling over {sheesh!} - can't leave you on the sofa by yourself!
  • greatly enjoyed her 1st Christmas and was completely spoiled  :-)

Oh Hadley, we love you more than words can say sweet girl.  You were needed in our family - there was a void here only you could fill.  I love your sweet coos and look forward to the big smiles you so freely give.  You are smart and beautiful and make us laugh.  Don't grow up too fast, my dear.  Happy second month!

5 comments:

  1. Two months... that HAS gone by fast!
    And your photos are looking really great lately! I love seeing all the beautiful images of your two super-cute models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gone by s fast hasn't it. Kendall is really close to rolling over too, I can't leave her on th couch anymore either. She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 months already!? It seems like last week!
    She's just a doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!! I agree that the last 2 months has gone by super fast. I can't believe she is reaching for toys already. Jack didn't actually grab something until he was 5 months old. She's going to keep you on your toes, I'm sure! :) She has such a sweet smile and is a real beauty. Happy 2 months, Hadley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can H give a talk to Nolan about this whole sleep thing? We are feeding every 3 hours round the clock. Mama is tired!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails