Friday, June 29, 2012

{phone dump friday}

Let me just start by saying that I am way, way behind on reading blogs and especially on doing my weekly bump posts for the ladybug. Drew and I have been super busy and by the time I think about having him take a belly pic I'm already in my pajamas/washed my face/can't force my behind off the couch. I promise to get some this week! Poor ladybug - second child syndrome already. :-)

I shared the playroom photos earlier this week, but I found one on my phone that {I think} shows the true wall color a lot better. My phone takes better pics than my Nikon sometimes - go figure.

 

I've embraced the relax when you can approach to life. Bath time for Asher = feet up for mommy. Win-win.

 

A big part of moving to a new town {especially in a whole new state} is finding all of the family staples. For us, one of those is marshmallow fluff. Yum. I'm a big fan and Asher loves it too. We got a little scared after visiting 3 grocery stores, Wal-Mart, and Target with no fluff to be found! Raleigh came through in the 11th hour when the grocery store #4 had some! We're grateful we don't have to move again.

 

I'm trying to pick a paint color for the nursery and went a little crazy with samples. Drew asked me if I was planning a madras pattern, which {since I can't pick} I think is a great idea. :-)

 

When my mother-in-law came to visit on Tuesday she brought "some clothes" that another little girl had outgrown.

 

oh my!

Tuesday was also Drew and my 8th anniversary. He surprised me with sunflowers! I love, love how cheery they are!

 

We've had beautiful weather here over the last week so Asher and I have made eating lunch outside our regular thing

 

Today, however, it's supposed to be 105, so we're inside. Spinning.

 

Last, but not least in my book, on Wednesday I had the whole day to myself and treated ladybug and I to some very delicious Mexican food. Did I feel a little silly eating in a restaurant alone? Sure. Was it worth having the whole basket of chips to myself? Oh yes. Very yes. {can you buy those chips somewhere?? Love them!}

 

I won't be blogging much next week. I'll probably check in with some phone pics - let's be honest - but for the most part I'll be in unplugged vacation mode. Yay! Look forward to a massive recap and photo dump from my camera when we get back. :-)

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. See I go to restaurants to have alone time all the time now and I don't feel silly at all! I bring my book and enjoy the not having to feed anyone but myself moment! :)

    We're staying indoors today, as well...It's too hot even for the pool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails