Friday, June 8, 2012

{phone dump friday}

As we get settled into our new home I'm surprised at how pleased - and dare I say, giddy - I am over the smallest things that I just know will make life more pleasant. Take these toilet paper holders, for example. I didn't choose them {the builder did} I see absolutely no downside. The hook design makes it so easy to replace the roll, maybe even the boys will get in on the action!

 

{or not - who knows. ha!}

The other morning I was making breakfast and I hear a little voice calling to me from the living room. Asher was {I guess??} trying to slide down the ramp with his cars and got a bit stuck. He didn't cry or anything, just puzzled over how to extricate himself for a bit. All was well in the end. :-)

 

Since a lot of our unpacking is under control A and I have ventured out a few times to learn what's around our new neighborhood. Asher's favorite place is the park - naturally. It's within walking distance {and eyeshot} of our house, so every time we step outside he thinks that's where we're headed.

 

We've also spent a good bit of time in the backyard. I mentioned a few weeks ago that Asher is such a city kid he doesn't know how to play on grass and prefers concrete. Well...that's totally true. Yesterday I kicked off my flips to walk in the grass, so A wanted his off too. The only problem was, once he was barefooted he refused to leave the patio. Wouldn't even go after beloved "blue ball". Oh my.

 

We had some Popsicles to encourage good will between Asher and the backyard. I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

Life isn't all play so on one of the times we left the house but didn't go to the park I had to run some errands. Asher came with, of course, and helped me find some maternity Ts in Old Navy. He was in LOVE with the mannequins in there. He gave them all hugs, kisses, and high fives.

 

Even the dog - which he also tried to ride. Oops.

 

Drew had to travel for a work a bit this week, so it's been all mommy. Guess what happened - of course...Asher decided to wake up at 5:30 this morning. It was a big mug kind of coffee day {sorry, little baby - I don't do that to you often}

 

It was also the kind of morning where I didn't feel like fighting with a certain someone who didn't want to wear pants. Oh well.

 

Hope you all are gearing up for a great weekend! Drew comes home tonight, so I know we are! :-)

2 comments:

  1. H HATES grass... still to this day. She insists on shoes even when playing in the sprinkler. What is wrong with those kids!? :)

    Love the pic of him getting his leg stuck! So funny to think what might have been going through his sweet little mind! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Presley adores the mannequins (especially the dog) at Old Navy! She always gives them kisses and hugs and tries to hold their hands, lol!I can't wait to see more pics of the house. It's fun getting little glimpses from all your pics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails