Tuesday, June 19, 2012

a king size upgrade may be in order

Since we moved Asher has had a hard time sleeping.  Before this move he was an awesome sleeper.  Always anxious to go to "Ah-her's bed" and say "nigh nigh, mommy".  But now he fights going down and cries and cries.  The first night we brought him into our bed since he seemed really scared.  I'm not sure if that was a colossal mistake or not because ever since he's cried each night {and nap time} calling out for "mommy bed, mommy bed"

breaks. my. heart.

Things have gotten better since that first week, but Asher is still waking up really early crying for me.  Drew usually goes in and tells him to go back to sleep and he does.  If I go in it's all over - he'll never lay down and admit defeat.

The other morning I wanted to get Asher dressed but he was running around and resisting the process in typical toddler fashion.  Things got really quiet suddenly, so, of course, I got suspicious and went searching for him.  Where did I find the little bugger?

In my bed, of course.


And can I just say - my bed was totally made when he dismantled it and crawled in.


When I asked "where's Asher?" he replied "mommy, ssshhh.  Ah-her seep-ing"


ha ha ha!  This boy cracks me up!


Now we just need him to get back to his normal sleep patterns before little baby arrives and my sleep gets shot for good.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute!!! LOL Your bed does look comfy, I don't blame him!

    Liam had a TERRIBLE time adjusting after we moved. That and we also (thought we successfully) transitioned him to a "big boy" bed before the move. (Bad move on our part) He went from perfect sleeper (sleeping from 8pm to 8am all night) to multiple wakings, sleepless nights for us, and early wakings. He is finally sleeping through the night again, but he is still waking up anywhere between 6 and 6:30. We may get to sleep in on random days when we actually have to wake HIM up at 7! It really is just a phase they have to get over. It just may take a while! Hopefully new baby girl's arrival will not disrupt the sleeping patterns any more! At that point, you may consider a California King! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails