Thursday, June 7, 2012

doughnuts and a haircut

Thank you all SO much for your sweet comments here and on Facebook about our expected little girl!  No one is more surprised that she's a "she" than me!  I expected another baby boy for sure.  Tiffany said it's thinking you'll be a family of all boys that brings you a girl - and I agree.  ha! 

Now we just have to decide on a name.  Drew and I are totally stuck on two finalists.  We thought we knew for sure, but now that it's real the pressure is on.  We'll see what happens...

Meanwhile, life chugs along.  Even when you're busy planning for a new baby or unpacking a whole semi-truck full of boxes, it's important to take breaks.  Asher understands this and insists on all kinds of breaks throughout the day.  Usually to read a story or go outside, grab a drink of water or have a doughnut.

The classic coffee milk and doughnut in the break room is definitely his favorite.


Asher got his first 'southern' haircut on Monday.  It was getting waaaay too crazy in this heat and humidity, so he got a summer trim - nice and short.  You all know about his horrible history with bad haircuts {I've gone on and on about it...}.  Because of this I was really nervous about trying a new place.  We ended up driving to 3 different salons before I had a good enough feeling about the stylist.  The first 2 just weren't...it.  Hard to explain - I went with my Mommy gut.

{doesn't he look so thrilled that I asked him to lower his doughnut for a second?  ha!}


I was still pretty nervous with this place we ended up in, but it turned out great!  Maybe because I was that crazy lady hovering over him and pointing out what I wanted or didn't want.

We probably got black listed after that.  Oh well, I'm happy with the results!

My sister has her last day of {teaching} school today and is coming to visit our parents for a week.  Can't wait to see you, Erin!

2 comments:

  1. Hehe! I love his, " I really don't want to put down my donut and take a picture face". I completely understand about being that hovering Momma during a haircut. After two haircut fails with P, I am super specific and hovering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I seriously think it is it! We were convinced we would be a family of all boys. I had a weird theory for a long time that our angel babies were all girls and that the boys were just stronger for some reason. I guess I was just trying to justify why we had to go through that 3 times in a row. But...I was so wrong! Lol. So exciting about a girl. We thought we knew what we would name a girl too! After two boys we thought it would be easy. NOT! Lol. It's tough because its such an important task. I'm sure you will settle on the perfect one...even if its after you see her perfect little face.

    Oh...and being a stylist...I appreciate parents that hover! Weird I know, but its a great thing. Being super picky and describing everything you DONT want is fabulous! Seriously! Don't worry about being "blacklisted". She probably appreciated it too. :) BTW...I really am still going to do a Cloth blog....hopefully I will finish this week. Are you still planning on cloth with new babe? How are things with A and night time?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails