Thursday, June 28, 2012

happy cake

We got a quick visit from Drew's parents over the past 2 days.  They stopped by to see us and our new home on their way to Florida - Raleigh is the perfect halfway stopping point!  It was an especially great time to visit because Tuesday was mine and Drew's anniversary and my mother-in-law's birthday!


Eight years ago she was nice enough to agree to share her birthday with our wedding day.  Asher is grateful because it meant...happy cake!


{yum - this lemon blueberry cake from Whole Foods was so delicious}

We could barely keep him away from it.  This boy loves him some cake. 


I think its hilarious how his fork is in ready position for the second we were done singing "happy birthday".


Yesterday Asher was a lucky duck and spent the day getting spoiled by his grandparents while I did a ton of errands {and got spoiled myself a little}. 

I had a doctor's appointment - all is well with ladybug...

went to the DMV - I passed the written exam and am now a licensed driver in the state of NC...

picked up a bunch of paint samples for ladybug's nursery - I may never pick one...

and got a pedicure!

Phew.  Good, but busy day.  On Saturday Drew, Asher and I fly to Florida to meet up with his parents and celebrate the 4th of July like we did last year.  Hoping we get this view of the fireworks again!!


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails