Monday, June 25, 2012

let's play

We had a fun {and productive} weekend around here.  On Saturday Drew, Asher, and I went on a little new town adventure - we hit the Raleigh flea market!  Can I just say, it was a lot busier and more awesome than I was expecting.  Sure, there was a lot of just junky stuff, but there were also tons of treasures.

Like this little guy.


He totally found a home on our bookshelves.


I also found a really beautiful frame to refinish for ladybug's nursery - photos to come...

Drew got some iron hooks to paint and use for our keys.  We've been searching for a "key solution" and these plus the shelf from Target work great.


On Sunday we tried a new church - with mixed reviews... - and finished up some other jobs.  All in all, a good weekend!  My in laws are coming to visit us here for the first time tomorrow, so we're really busy getting ready for them.  :-)

For now, though, I wanted to share Asher's playroom with you!

This is one of my favorite rooms in our house.  We spend a lot of time in it!  I love that this playroom {or any kid's space really} gave me free rein with color.  Most of the time I'm trying to create an overall look that works with furniture/bedding/window treatments we already have, but in this room we had nothing so I was free to do anything!

Here's the view as you enter...



Asher has a little reading and art nook in the back


Of course, the train table is here



along with a new acquisition - the house that Drew built!


I found this wall art at HomeGoods and love all of the fun colors in it.



There are a couple other little accents around - like the paper lanterns


and garland above the couch.


I feel like the paint color didn't come through well at all in these photos.  It's actually a nice, bright blueish green color {"Breaktime" by Sherwin-Williams}.  The builder left a ton of it in our attic, so I'm going to use the same color in the kid's bathroom - one of these days.

I still have a couple projects in mind for the walls, but those are on the back burner for now.  Updates when and if they ever become reality.  Asher loves his "pway rum" and so do I.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! The color in person is wonderful! Definitely something I'd use around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky boy (and bug) to have such an awesome play room!! It's great you now have the room to be able to do this and I'm sure you're happy not having these things cluttering up your "adult" space. I love how open it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That play room is awesome!!! We have a small playroom for B downstairs that I should work on some more!!!! Great idea for a fun post! :) Asher is lucky to have a great Mom to decorate it so cutely. :) Cutely, is that a word! haha. Now it is! I need to check out some local flea markets around us. We went to one in Wi the other weekend while we were there and it was so much fun!!! Great finds!! Love that pig! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails