Tuesday, June 5, 2012

it's a...

So here we go!  We had our 20 week ultrasound this morning and everything looked perfect - organs, hands, feet, brain - all the goodies are just as they should be at this stage.  I am so grateful that this is a healthy little one.  For some reason I got really worried this morning that something would be wrong.  God has blessed us in a huge way by keeping our baby safe and thriving in there.

Guess what else...we were able to find out the gender!  Baby bug was cooperative in that as well.  :-)

Most of you here and on Facebook guessed that Asher would have a little brother.

Well.......




























{you were wrong}

Introducing, our baby GIRL!


Can you believe it?  Our bug is a ladybug.  Honestly, I can't believe it.  Drew comes from a family of 4 brothers and we only have nephews on both sides of our families.  I thought we'd have all boys for sure. 

This ultrasound photo that I "dressed up" is actually from my 13 week NT scan.  Did I ever tell you all our tech guessed she was a girl way back then?  I decided not to tell hardly anyone because I was convinced that she would become a he over the next few weeks.

We did tell our immediate family though.  Neither Drew or I could keep the secret from them for over a month.  We were especially excited to tell my mother-in-law since she's been hoping for a girl for about 35 years now.  Here's the little package I put together for her {and Grandpa} to open for the reveal.


Everyone is very excited for us and thrilled that we'll have a little lady in the family!  I promised myself that I would NOT buy anything until we got the 100% proof today.  I made a small exception for the outfit for Grandma's gift and for this...


When I saw it, how could I say no?  Too perfect for our bug, I mean ladybug.  :-)


Here are a few photos from today...

sweet little profile


feet {she had her legs crossed at the ankles the whole time - very ladylike already}


and in case you're a skeptic like me, here's the $$ shot - little girl all the way.


Funny little thing from my appointment - when I laid down on the table and the tech put the gel on my belly Asher immediately pulled his shirt up and asked for "lotion" as well.  Ha ha - can you tell he helps me get ready in the morning?  :-)

Thanks for sharing in our joy, friends.  We are so thrilled to be welcoming another precious life into our family.

12 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So excited for y'all!!!

    I was at kohls this morning buying a baby shower gift [for a boy] but happened to see that ladybug outfit and SO wanted to buy but had to remind myself that LB is 2.5...haha! Can't wait to see the little lady bug in that cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Congratulations to you and your family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thrilled for you! I just knew "it" would be a little lady, and she is precious already. That is one excellent $$$ shot, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Congrats! I was totally thinking it was a boy! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, yay! so excited for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! How fun to have one of each :) Our gender scan is on June 18th and I cannot wait! Our tech guessed girl at 12 weeks but I'm pretty sure it's another boy. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, what a shocker, Emily! Thought she'd be a he for sure! C.O.N.G.R.A.T.S.! Are you going to share the name this time around? Whatever you do name little Ladybug, I know it'll be perfect, just like she is! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! Baby girls are so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so so so happy for you and your family!! I knew Drew's side had all boys and I think it's great you all will be bringing a girl into the mix! I really wanted you to have a girl, but my gut was telling me boy. I didn't want to get my hopes up. :) Congrats on your precious little ladybug!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sweet little sister for Asher :). Sooooo excited for you guys! And now after all that unpacking.....you'll get to pick out all things girls for your little ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on having a little girl. I'm having my 3rd little girl. We call our first daughter ladybug or bug for short. We decorated her nursery in ladybugs. Have you thought about names?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails