Wednesday, July 20, 2011

tow away zone

My house has a small kitchen.  Don't get me wrong, it's totally functional and {with the addition of an awesome Ikea butcher block} I can cook for the masses just fine.  However, it is small.  There's not a lot of room to maneuver and because of this I keep the clutter to a minimum.

Asher doesn't seem to understand my definition of clutter and is constantly getting tools out.


Often for a good reason - like figuring out how to make water come out of the refrigerator. 


But still.  I'm always tripping over something or other.


Because of this problem I put a baby gate up in the entryway from the living room into the kitchen and declared the kitchen a "wheeled toy" free zone.  That includes anything Asher pushes and cars/trucks/tractors.

Including YOU, zebra.


Seriously, Asher, no zebras in the kitchen.  Mommy can't get through.



Just because you park your zebra to get a snack doesn't make it ok.



Guess I should be grateful that Asher tried to stow him out of the way.  Don't we have a stable for this kind of thing??

3 comments:

  1. I love that the Zebra is tucked under the shelf :) And MR. SMARTY PANTS trying to get water out of the fridge. They love trying to figure everything out don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!!!! :) I love how your pictures always paint a little story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and awesome pictures!! Is your camera on the manual setting?

    Also, your kitchen is really not that small. It does appear to very functional and Asher doesn't have a problem getting around! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails