Tuesday, July 19, 2011

a full, fun day

On Sunday our little family had a full day of fun.  The first adventure was totally unexpected.  When we signed Asher into the nursery at church the volunteer informed us that he had graduated to the toddler class.  My baby isn't in the nursery anymore - once again I'm torn between pride and sadness.  I try to focus on the excitement of it all!


When we dropped him off in the toddler room there was some major crying - but that's to be expected.  Asher has been having quite a bit of separation anxiety recently, so he always melts down when we leave him.  I knew it would only be a few minutes until he calmed down, so Drew and I waited out of sight until the cries subsided.  His teacher showed him some balls and books and we were immediately forgotten. 


After service we went to pick him up and he was seated in a tiny chair at an itty bitty table enjoying some pretzels.  It was so adorable I teared up a little.  When did my baby get so big??  Love it!


After church we hit the highway and headed north to meet our newest friend, Luke!  Our college friends, Erin and Andrew welcomed their baby boy 5 weeks ago and this was our first time to meet him.  Asher was less than enthused about his mommy holding another baby, but he did really well overall.  There weren't any major meltdowns, just some curiosity. 


The funniest part was when I was holding Luke and Asher kept pointing at him and signing "all done."  I'm not sure whether he meant that Luke was "all done" being held, so I should put him down or if he meant that Asher was "all done" with me holding the baby.  Either way the point seemed to be - put down that baby, Mommy!

Of course, I had to bring Luke a special taggie blanket.





I'm making another one for Drew's co-worker who just had a baby so I promise the tutorial will come with that one.  I was rushing to finish this one for Luke, so the step-by-step photos just didn't happen.

After getting home we put the Women's World Cup on the DVR and slowly watched things fall apart.  Sad.


I can't watch!


To raise our spirits back up Daddy and Asher had a tickle fight.


I think Daddy won.  :-)


Hope you all had fun over the weekend too! 

3 comments:

  1. So funny, how he reacted to the babe ;) It is so hard to believe our boys are as big as they are . . . but they seem to learn new and fun things every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I took Ava to see the new baby we'll be watching (along with two other boys) in the fall, she refused to look at her...should be interesting! Haha

    Love that first picture - he looks like a former President!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, Cooper cries every. single. Sunday! I keep waiting for the whole hand off at the church nursery to become easier but no, it's still heartbreaking!

    You should open an etsy shop! What a cute little tag blanket!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails