Wednesday, July 13, 2011

happy to be 19 months old

On the way home from dinner one night last week Drew's mom was entertaining Asher with a rousing rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus" and he thought it was hilarious!


Love, love, love it when he's happy!


Happy 19 months to my precious little boy!  Since today marks 19 months since you were born I have to add in a few Asher-isms that bring us joy {and exasperation!} daily.


At 19 months, Asher:
  • is starting to talk more!  He becoming a very good mimic and tries hard to say things like we say them.  Not a lot of recognizable words yet, but we're getting there.
  • walks and RUNS everywhere
  • has become a great eater lately.  Asher is trying more foods and has eaten chicken nuggets a couple times - wow!
  • melts my heart every time he gives me a kiss and says "Nigh, nigh" at naps and bedtime
  • obeys commands {when he wants to} - I'm very impressed by how much he understands
  • has adopted this high pitched scream/squeal to let us know when he's upset.  Trust me, we know.
  • would play outside all day, every day if I was amenable
  • recognizes our family members in photos - although he can only say "mama" and "dada"

I totally agree with my fellow December '09 moms who have said that they love this stage of childhood because the kids are big enough to do fun stuff, but still small enough to need and want Mom.  Asher is so much fun right now!!  He's always up for new adventures, but still wants to snuggle his mommy at least twice a day.  :-)  I'll take it for as long as he's offering.

5 comments:

  1. It is a totally fun stage and I am loving the Mommy-lovin too!!!! Have you noticed any favoritism towards you over Drew at all??? B is definitely a total Momma's boy and I selfishly love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet- I love the photo of Asher snuggling with you. I love baby snuggles! Happy 19 months, Asher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute family photo! And yep, 19 months is tons of fun so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, too! And I'm also diggin' the mamacentric stage - A says "want mama" nonstop, and while I am slightly annoyed the 3409823049th time she says it, I secretly love it.

    And I'm familiar with that scream you're referring to. So is my neighbor, judging by A's strong lungs :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oye! The screaming!!! I feel ya. Happy 19 months, Asher!!! Those eyes are one pretty shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails