Wednesday, January 26, 2011

all that dc has to offer

Drew and I decided that the time had come for us to take Asher on an adventure into our nation's capital!  We've been living less than 10 miles from DC for the past 8 months and had yet to get there.  In all fairness, it's a major undertaking with a little guy. 

Enough excuses - on to the fun!

We decided that our first excursion should be to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.  I had never been there before and it's one of those stops you just have to make once {or more!} in life.



Asher loved watching all of the other kids and parents look at the exhibits.  Did he like the exhibits themselves?  Well, not so much.  He seemed to enjoy himself, but was still just a little too small to really get awed by everything.



Drew took him out of the stroller for a more up-close-and-personal experience. 



A few hours into our adventure and Mr A started to get a little sleepy eyed so we headed home.


I'm considering our outing a huge success!  We'll definitely be back to visit more museums.  Personally I can't wait until cherry blossom season - that's something I have seen before and love, love, love!



3 comments:

  1. Have you been to the National Building museum? We just went (check out my blog for pics) a couple weeks ago and had an awesome time! The place is HUGE and there's so much room for kids to run around. Very toddler-friendly. And free admission! If you know of any other cool places in the area that are awesome toddler-friendly spots, please blog about them! (I just moved back to the DC area last October... I'm from here, but it's been 11 years away)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took B to the Aquarium in Chicago and he was the same way.. wasn't too interested in all of the attractions yet. I'm looking forward to when he's a little older and really into it all. :)
    I'm glad to hear the trip was a success after all, though!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First and foremost, how long have I been absent from the blogging world? Sheeeeesh...lots to catch up on!!!

    Second, loving the cherry blossoms...what a gorgeous image!

    I'm definitely wanting to visit DC someday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails