Sunday, May 24, 2009

visit to Williamsport!

This weekend I went to visit my sister, Jennifer's family in my old hometown of Williamsport, PA!

We had a great time! Jenn gave me a ton of Owen's old baby things (score) and I got to watch my 5 year old nephew play T-ball.



Have you ever seen 5 & 6 year olds play T-ball? It's adorable. They all love to run after the ball and don't hesitate to pile up on each other to get at it. There are no outs, no strikes, and everyone runs the whole way around the diamond. Sports for pure fun -- just the way it should be when you're in kindergarden.



Owen was able to hit the ball when it was pitched (as opposed to on the T) each time and was so proud of himself!





How adorable is the catcher in his tiny gear. I couldn't get enough of this one!



The Berry family spends a lot of time at the ball field these days.



We also did a really fun project. Owen and I painted cookies! I found this great kit that includes shortbread cookie mix, Royal icing, cookie cutters, edible paint, and paintbrushes (all for $5!). Owen was...skeptical...of eating painted cookies. He loved the process, but when it came to enjoying our final product he said that he'd "rather not risk eating paint."

He's 5 going on 55.







Jenn didn't tell Owen about his new cousin until I got there. When I told him the exciting news he glanced at my belly and looked extremely doubtful until I assured him that the baby was still really small, but would get bigger.

After that he smiled huge and said, "I hope it's a girl!" I'm not totally sure why he feels so strongly, but I promised to do my best. :o) Too cute.

All in all, we had a wonderful weekend together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails