Tuesday, May 12, 2009

bought!

I saw this sign on my drive home the other day. For some reason it caught my eye and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It's just so strange!

I mean, really, have you ever seen a real estate sign that says "BOUGHT" instead of "SOLD"?

It intrigued me enough that I put my camera in the glove box of my car so that I could take a photo of it to post here. Sure, I felt a little bit like a stalker taking photos of someone's house from my car, but the blog demanded it. What could I do?

Seriously, though, what kind of real estate agent brags that a house was "bought" rather than "sold"? I know that, technically, it means the same thing, but the implication is very different. It sounds like the buyer just wandered up to the house and asked if they could buy it. Doesn't the agent want to sound proactive? Doesn't she want to be a great sales person? From what I can tell, this agent is simply someone who facilitates sales, not someone who gets your house sold no matter what! C'mon Susanne, you're more than that!

This has been a weird rant, but I feel good about it. My eyes are peeled for more "bought" signs around Cleveland. And the camera will stay in my glove box in case I ever get this lucky again.

Have you ever seen one??

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen this...but I'm thinking that it's a jargon switch to make home-buyers feel empowered. It's taking the focus off of the seller, and putting it on the buyer. Or maybe it's just weird. I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha how strange!! I asked my Mom (a realtor) about it, she's never seen it either, she said it might be the company's way of making you look twice... (it worked)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails