Friday, May 8, 2009

meat anyone?

For those of you who don't know, I work in a biomedical research lab.



We do a lot of work with stuff that smells weird. There are all kinds of chemicals, mice (+their bedding, +their food), buffers, cell culture media, and so on.



One thing that we don't have much of is anything edible. The lab isn't a very safe place to eat, so there are some pretty strict "no food" "no drinks" rule. We use microwaves and refrigerators in the experiments, but they are all clearly labeled "NOT FOR HUMAN FOOD."



It doesn't take a genius.

Well, the other week we had 4 men who used to work on the floor above us join the lab. I work with all men, so I thought I had "working with guys" pretty much figured out.

Oh, naive one.

Apparently guys from the 4th floor are a whole different story.

Ever since they moved in the floor has smelled increasingly like meat. That's right, meat.

The sweet, smoky smell of ham and bacon is constantly wafting through the lab and hallways.

It became consistent enough that I finally asked about it. As it turns out 1 of the guys really loves meat and smokes his own.



Then he heats it up in the microwave to enjoy throughout the day.

I wish I was making this up.

Oh well, it's better than eau de Mouse.



The funniest part? My boss is a vegetarian.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails