Friday, May 15, 2009

favorite thing friday

For as long as I can remember I've fought with my hair.

To look at me, you probably think I'm exaggerating. My hair isn't completely unruly or falling out or losing its pigment. I really shouldn't complain.

The problem is that it has an identity crisis. My hair wants to be curly, but isn't. It wants to be straight, but isn't. Do you know what the results are when hair wants to be both curly and straight? You might guess beautiful beach-y waves.

You would be wrong.

Do you remember in Harry Potter when they were learning to apparate and the teacher warned them that if they didn't concentrate really well then they would splinch themselves? That's right, their bodies would divide and pieces would be left both where they were and where they were headed.

That's what happens to my hair.

It's trying to curl, but fighting itself by trying to stay straight at the same time. Arggh...poof, frizz.

If splinching was a real thing, than frizz would certainly be the hair equivalent.

I've tried every anti-frizz product known to man. Like I said earlier, my hair isn't that bad, so you'd think it would be an easy task to calm it down and leave the house with smooth strands.

If only.

I own a whole basket-ful of headbands, hairwraps, and ponytail holders. Why? Because I can't wear my hair down without a lot of effort.

Until now.

That's right. I've found something new. Of course, I had my doubts, but I heard great things about this product and just had to try it.

Living Proof, Frizz (No Frizz)
It doesn't use silicone or serums (a-la Frizz Ease) and works like a charm!

In fact I might even call it a magic potion.

So far I'm pretty impressed, but I'll keep you updated. Of course, it's not all good news -- it's pretty expensive. I'm probably going to keep the ponytail as my go-to hairstyle and just bust this out every once in awhile.

Have you ever found something that works on your frizzies?
I'll post some before and after photos of myself later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails