Monday, March 16, 2009

inspired

Today I was playing around on the internet a little and ran across a new-to-me blog that I love.

First, a little background to explain why I love it.

Even before Drew and I got married (I was 22, he was 24) we talked about the fact that we want to adopt a child someday. For some reason that desire has been on both of our hearts from a young age. There are so many kids out there who don't have the chance to grow up in loving homes like we both did -- we'd like to have a part in changing that for 1 (or more!) kiddos.

Anyway, the blog that I found today is written by Kelly, who along with her husband, Justin, have adopted 2 little girls from Vietnam. Their story of bringing these precious little ladies home is so inspirational. I love that Kelly tells it all -- both the encompassing joy and the frustratingly hard parts of adoption.

It's pretty overwhelming to even think about, but God willing, Drew and I will have a similar story to share within the next few years!

I don't usually get this personal on my blog.

Don't worry, it's back to American Idol tomorrow. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails